I LOVE PIZZA. It is one of my favorite foods and can eat my weight in it. It is not uncommon for me to eat an entire pizza to myself. It’s. my. Favorite. It is no mystery that pizza is not the healthiest of foods, so this is my attempt to make it a little better and get a good dose of vegetables in, while still enjoying a couple of slices of pizza. I hope you like it!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, then roughly chop into smaller pieces.
- In a food processor, grind the cauliflower until it comes to a fine consistency. (you may have to do this in batches depending on how big your food processor is.) If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater to grate the cauliflower.
- Place prepared cauliflower onto a dish towel, wrap it up and squeeze out the excess moisture and dump into large mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl, add the eggs, basil, oregano, thyme, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Prepare a baking dish with some cooking spray and mold cauliflower mixture into circle on the baking dish.
- Put in 425 degree oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- From there you can top the crust with your favorite pizza toppings and place it back in the oven for a guilt free pizza treat!