Do you every come home after a long day needing to make dinner and have limited ingredients to work with? Happens to me all the time! So I came up with this super simple Ground beef hash that you can throw pretty much anything in! You will only need a few basic ingredients, once you have those you can add in whatever leftover veggies to make it your own! Here is what you’ll need:
- 1lb Ground beef
- 1-2 Potatoes (or sweet potatoes.. works with either one)
- 4 eggs
- ½ onion
(Of course you’ll need some salt and pepper and garlic powder for flavor)
- If you have veggies that need to be cooked you can throw those too!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into uniform(ish) cubes, layer those onto a baking sheet, drizzle with cooking oil and season with salt and pepper, and place into preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- While your potatoes are cooking, start browning your meat, season with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- Once the meat is cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet add some olive oil to a heated skillet and add your onion and cook until fragrant, then add in any extra veggies that you might have (I like bell peppers in this particular dish, but don’t always have one) as well as the potatoes that were cooking in the oven.
- Cook over medium high heat until the potatoes are nice and crispy.
- Once your veggies are cooked and crispy, add in the ground beef and mix together, flatten, then crack your eggs right on top of the mixture. Place in your 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes until the egg whites no longer look runny.